Policy for use of the Computers and the Computer Room
- Keep it clean. What you bring in, remove when you leave.
- The Computer room is a place for study. Please keep it quiet at all times.
- Food and drink cannot be anywhere near the computers. Please place food/drink on table in center of room.
- Recycle paper in the cardboard box under the printer.
- No one is allowed to color print without Technology Instructor’s permission.
- No one may add or delete software or files to any school computers without Technology Instructor’s permission.
Please take your files or downloads with you on your personal flash drive.
- Rubbish goes in the trash basket in the hall or common room.
Priority of use of the Computers:
- Students in Computer class
- Students in another class
- Students Studying
- Faculty/Staff (please use the computer in the Coaches room first)
Use of the Computers:
- Students will not install programs or change the computer’s configuration without permission.
- Students will not view or download materials considered to be illegal, pornographic, or in conflict with the Acceptable use policy.
- When finished with using the computer, shut down any unused programs and load your work onto a removable storage media, (USB Flash Drive), unless you have permission otherwise.
- Computers will be cleaned out at least once a week so do not leave your work on the machines
- These machines are for educational use only
- Games will not be played on them
- Internet will be for research only
The use of Personal Laptop Computers will abide by the following rules:
- Your computer must be registered with the school in order for you to access the Internet.
- You must bring in a signed copy of the acceptable use policy. You and your parent/guardian will sign this document before you can access the Internet with your personal computer.
- Creation of Sub-networks is forbidden.
- Any violation of these rules can result in the loss of use of the network and loss of the use of your computer in school.
The following types of sites are off limits:
- Social networking sites.
- Games sites
- File sharing programs (Limewire, Kaaza, and others)
- This is not a complete list, but will give you an idea of where not to go.